Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to Work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in the capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com
About the Role:
We are looking for a top-tier candidate to tackle technical accounting issues, navigate through new business initiatives and accounting pronouncements, and their corresponding accounting implications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
Role And Responsibilities:
- Conduct research for a variety of complex and non-standard contracts and/or transactions such as revenue recognition, mergers and acquisitions, debt/equity offerings, derivatives, hedges, software capitalization, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, adoption of new standards and general corporate accounting matters
- Acquisitions: execute and document opening balance sheet testing procedures, prepare purchase price accounting (PPA) entries, prepare acquisition memos and review integration period accounting;
- One-time agreements and transactions: perform initial research and draft accounting position memos
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements and partner with key cross-functional business partners including FP&A, senior management, internal and external auditors;
- Monitor, understand and provide an interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements including areas related to accounting for revenue recognition and assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Active role in updating/implementing accounting policies and procedures to respond to changes within the Company, evolving industry standards, SEC/GAAP regulations, SOX 404 requirements and industry best practices
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures or system enhancements
- Assist with ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information.
Required Qualifications, Skills And Experience:
- CPA, CA or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience in a global environment
- Experience solving, documenting, and appropriately communicating technical accounting issues
- Familiarity with acquisition-related matters – deal structures (asset acquisition, stock purchase, mergers), IP and goodwill valuation, financial due diligence, post-acquisition integration – will be a strong plus
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Strong experience working with ERP systems (Netsuite is a strong plus)
- IFRS and Ind-AS experience a strong plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, clear and precise in communication, tailor communication to the audience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying