As the VP of Global Channels & Alliances at Freshworks, you will be responsible for building relationships with consultancies, systems integrations, ISVs and other types of partners that will allow Freshworks to scale more efficiently and improve our customer success. You will manage and grow a globally distributed team which is responsible for recruiting and managing the partners. Your organization will work closely with direct sales, product, marketing, and finance. Partnerships are critical to Freshworks' current and future success. We are looking for the right individual who can continue to drive partner success, improving Freshworks' reach into new and existing markets, giving us access to more customers, and increasing the probabilities that customers will be successful in their use of our products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Freshworks’ global partner strategy in alignment with Freshworks’ business objectives
- Hire and lead a high-performing team of partner managers around the globe. Cultivate a team culture that includes high ownership, customer-first focus, fast-paced, high integrity, and an optimistic and positive environment
- Evolve the partner programs and structures as both Freshworks and the partner programs grow to ensure that they are generating the right outcomes for Freshworks and our customers.
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue, and deploy a joint sales and/or marketing approach with Freshworks’ top partners and Freshworks’ sales team
- Serve as an advocate for the global partners and identify areas for growth via partnerships
- Identify and develop of programs, resources, and capabilities across internal teams to achieve partner goals
- Work with marketing and sales on the execution of partner events, sales engagement, building playbooks, and collateral to enable partners to sell into customers effectively
- Finalize operational and contracting details with prospective partners through collaboration with Legal and Finance teams
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of building and leading high performing partner, sales and/or business development teams in a high growth technology environment
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic partnerships at the executive level as well as high volume partnerships
- Deep understanding how to construct and manage consulting, reseller, ISV, and marketplace partner programs
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong leadership experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience presenting to senior management. Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company with the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills, take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Culture Fit and Impact:
- Strong Match with Freshworks Culture: https://www.freshworks.com/company/careers/
- Integrity and Ethics: Be honest, have integrity, intensity and passion – necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team
- Passion: An enthusiastic, high-energy and motivating leader with a sales mindset who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring a fast growing and highly ambitious organization
- Results Oriented: A strong focus on execution. This individual must be strategic and creative - but strong execution and transformation capabilities are critical for success. Success will be judged on what is accomplished and delivered, not what is proposed
- Collaboration: Highly entrepreneurial, with a high level of energy, dedication, and a persevering drive to succeed and win. Not afraid to work side by side with the his/her team
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Freshworks provides intelligent customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and support their customers for life. Freshworks products help business support employees so they can better serve their customers. Our products are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment.
Freshworks’ suite of products transform the way world class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, includes Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales CRM (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM and marketing automation), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
More than 50,000 businesses, including Discover, Honda, Hugo Boss, Klarna, Manchester United, Puma, Sotheby’s, and TaylorMade, trust Freshworks to increase their customer’s lifetime value. In addition, Freshworks has received numerous accolades, ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work list.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 offices to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by the world's leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying