The expert will play a key role in definition and executing the Kubernetes platform strategy, includingarchitecture, design, and roadmaps for multiple products and platform components in the company.The successful candidate will perform work that is highly complex, requiring co-ordination withmultiple stake holders, and will be leading a team that is responsible for highly availability ofkubernetes cluster where majority of the applications will be deployed. The Senior Technologist willserve as the technical expert in docker and container orchestration technologies, monitoring tools forKubernetes platform and govern the use of these tools. This individual will also ensure to keep up withlatest industry trends in these technologies/opensource and integrate the them as and when required.
* Proficient with Kubernetes and ability to design and implement end-to-end container managementsolution with Kubernetes.
* Experience with development of distributed services targeting Kubernetes with strict reliability,availability and performance requirements
* Familiar with K8s internal architecture and operations and sound knowledge of containertechnologies and the tools and challenges around them
* Thorough knowledge of the overall AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, VPC, RDS) and experiencecontainerizing existing applications
* Experience in container architecture, Docker universal packaging, container orchestration and Microservices architecture pattern.
* Experience with setting up a Kubernetes cluster and deploying applications including cloudautomation with GCE, AWS, Azure or others
* Proficient with networking in Kubernetes, monitoring and logging with Kubernetes, service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, Knowledge of continuousintegration via tools like Jenkins
* Knowledge of messaging Queues like Kafka, activemq, RabbitMQ, etc.
* Experience with dealing with monolithic applications and creating a roadmap for containerisation.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation skills
* Self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn andexpand depth of knowledge
* Good Collaboration, prioritization and team working skills
* Should be able to work in a startup environment with virtual teams
* Should be data drivenKnowledge
* Knowledge of Ruby on Rails ecosystem is a plus.
* Proficient in Design and development of micro services with Spring Boot framework interactingthrough a combination of API’s and message brokers using Core Java, J2EE , OOAD, JSP, XML,REST/SOAP web services, Servlets, using Linux OS.
* Active participation in design and implementation of projects featuring a high degree of technicalcomplexity and/or scalability and performance implications.
* Experienced with different version management software such as Subversion, GITWork Experience
* 8+ years of Architect experience in designing the Framework for Micro services with Dockercontainers and implementing using open source technologies.Education
* Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant field ofEngineering with a strong academic recordCertifications
* Relevant Docker and/or Kubernetes certification is desired