About the company:
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
About the role
- Will be directly reporting to and will work under the directive of the SOX Manager.
- Supporting designing, implementing and continuously monitoring reporting programs that provide more efficient and complete assurance coverage
- Will assist in developing policies and procedures in support of continuous controls monitoring programs.
- Provide inputs in improving the processes to ensure compliance with all SOX requirements
- Play a key role in identifying internal controls over financial reporting
- Support the SOX Manager in leading the remediation effort for deficiencies identified and ensuring that the business is taking appropriate action to address exceptions/deficiencies and lead the program and timetable for re-assessing
- Manage and work with process owners to identify relevant financial reporting risks and controls for evaluating the controls in place and their adequacy for mitigating the risks, and reporting the design and testing deficiencies identified in a timely manner
- Ensure narratives, walkthroughs, operational effectiveness, remediation testing are executed timely and with a high quality
- Understand the process surrounding accounting operations and financial reporting to identify the controls in place. Perform detailed process walkthroughs to identify the process deficiencies and recommends improvements
- Prepare and maintain the list of exceptions arising out of testing and track remediation plans to ensure plans are executed timely and efficiently. Project manage and guide process owners in remediation of identified control deficiencies
- Assist the process owners to update and maintain process documentation / flowcharts and controls
- Perform detailed process testing and when applicable, remediation testing of internal controls to ensure timely completion and compliance with the annual SOX test plan;
- Work with external auditors to assist with the coordinate audit timing, results of management and remediation testing and SOX reporting;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all aspects of the internal SOX reporting system; Assist with the production of periodic reporting and status updates as required;
- Organizational responsibilities: Adheres to Corporate Policies and Procedures, including Code of Conduct, Audit Procedures and any control related responsibility for financial data entered, stored, or reported via business systems within employee’s control.
- Big 4 public accounting / audit experience with Chartered Accountant qualifications (India) or CPA US equivalent. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Dip. IFRS desired, though not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience including experience working in public accounting / internal audit roles in industry.
- Familiarity with business process areas of revenue, hire to retire, treasury, procure to pay, and financial close.
- Strong in documentation of processes and testing of controls with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong flow-charting skills. Knowledge of using tools like Lucid chart, Microsoft Visio, etc. preferable.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power-point required.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying