Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $250 million in the capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
Overview of the role :
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will focus on building next-generation platform services for Freshworks with your strong background in distributed systems and mentor your team to achieve this. You will have an opportunity to redefine customer experiences by building systems that are milli-second efficient, always available and working at internet scale. If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about building systems, have a good eye for analysis and a mind that can think outside the box, we want to talk to you.
- Lead teams to deliver scalable, low latency, and cost-efficient solutions to different product teams.
- Drive solutions and implementation leveraging different open source distributed systems and deliver a complete product.
- Build innovative solutions from scratch and liaise with architects and engineers from other product teams to build solutions and drive adoption.
- Elicit quality attributes of the system as well as create criteria metrics for the product to establish the success of achieved metrics
- Implement and support compliance of self and team to Freshworks compliance and information security processes.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills
-Solid problem-solving skills
- Experience with hands-on programming
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Extensive knowledge of Linux environments
- Advanced understanding of OOP
- Experience building large-scale performance services
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule