Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience ]CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year form Economic Times, #16 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020. Our suite of products has also been recognized by analysts including the Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, IT Service Management and Sales Force Automation.
While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation.
Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Overview of the role :
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will focus on building next-generation platform services for Freshworks with your strong background in distributed systems and mentor your team to achieve this. You will have an opportunity to redefine customer experiences by building systems that are milli-second efficient, always available and working at internet scale. If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about building systems, have a good eye for analysis and a mind that can think outside the box, we want to talk to you.
- Lead teams to deliver scalable, low latency, and cost-efficient solutions to different product teams.
- Drive solutions and implementation leveraging different open source distributed systems and deliver a complete product.
- Build innovative solutions from scratch and liaise with architects and engineers from other product teams to build solutions and drive adoption.
- Elicit quality attributes of the system as well as create criteria metrics for the product to establish the success of achieved metrics
- Implement and support compliance of self and team to Freshworks compliance and information security processes.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills
-Solid problem-solving skills
- Experience with hands-on programming
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Extensive knowledge of Linux environments
- Advanced understanding of OOP
- Experience building large-scale performance services
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule