About the company:
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
Where do we fit in?
The Go to Market team for Freshworks is the fastest growing function in the organization and spread out across continents and time zones. With the increasing market demand and diverse landscape, there is an ever increasing ask for deals packaged for specific buyer personas. Add different geographies, their laws and regulations and it requires careful understanding and execution of the business arrangement between us and our customers.
The Deals Desk’s role is to ensure all of the above factors are met and culminates to being the one-point interface for all global sales teams to drive deals towards contractual and commercial closure.
What do we do?
1. Engagement in all big deals that are critical to the firm to ensure 100% win rate;
2. Review of contract responses received from customers and liaise with various stakeholders within the organization (ex: legal, finance, security, product etc.) for creative resolution;
3. Negotiation and finalization of contracts with customers (calls/emails);
4. Funnel feedback from customers and the region on industry standards and best practices;
5. Build custom pricing models where needed;
6. Discount assessments/approvals;
7. Governance of signed customer contracts;
8. Ensuring compliance with Freshworks’ compliance and information security guidelines;
9. Program/Project manage process improvements initiatives which may involve anything from documentation of SOP to product/tool implementation.
10. Be the ‘go to’ team/individual for our GTM teams, enabling them in successfully engaging customers and driving business growth.
Since the team is relatively new and the organization being super dynamic, the incumbent will play a defining role in the ongoing Deals Desk charter for the Go to Market function of the company.
1. Any prior experience in contract negotiation/management will be a plus.
2. Willing to work in US time zone is a must
3.The devil is in the details as they say! Detail oriented approach given the nature of the role is a must.
4. Need to be able to think out of the box and solution creative ways to drive deals to closure.
5. An entrepreneurial mindset and overall interest in business, particularly SaaS and Product selling is an absolute plus.
6. Any experience in sales will be the cherry on top of the cake!
7. Given the many stakeholders one has to work with, a people person having exceptional interpersonal skills is essential.
8. A good command on the English language is a must. Oh wait, that’s a given!
1-4 years - an MBA will be a plus!