About the company:
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
About the Role:
This position is responsible for supervising billings personnel and driving improvements in business processes and systems required for billings. This role will partner with other business leaders across Sales, IT, Customer Success, Deals Desk, Professional Services, and other functions to plan, define, develop, and maintain business processes and provide solutions to ensure optimization and compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting and internal controls & policies.
Key responsibilities include :
- Supervising a team of billings personnel within Finance Operations.
- Working with the IT team to ensure the billing system is updated as and when necessary
- Managing the accurate preparation of client's invoices to reduce errors
- Ensuring the team completes billing requirements to meet daily and month-end deadlines.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders regarding billing issues and requests
- Managing initiatives to improve the billing processes and systems
- Updating management regularly on any issues around processes and procedures
Desired Skills and experience :
- 8+ years experience in Billings and Accounts receivable
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, propose new ideas, and be assertive.
- Have proven skills in automation, lean projects, Kaizen, and other improvement ideas
- Assist products teams on projects regarding changes to the application, new billing plans, service upgrades, etc
- Strong understanding of accounting practices and applicable legal requirements
- Excellent numeracy skills to handle complex billings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting or billing systems
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and a strong desire to improve processes
- Experience in a fast-changing, fast-paced multi-national company
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying