About the company:
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Where do we fit in?
The Go to Market team for Freshworks is the fastest growing function in the organization and spread out across continents and time zones. With the increasing market demand and diverse landscape, there is an ever increasing ask for deals packaged for specific buyer personas. Add different geographies, their laws and regulations and it requires careful understanding and execution of the business arrangement between us and our customers.
The Deals Desk’s role is to ensure all of the above factors are met and culminates to being the one-point interface for all global sales teams to drive deals towards contractual and commercial closure.
What do we do?
1. Engagement in all big deals that are critical to the firm to ensure 100% win rate;
2. Review of contract responses received from customers and liaise with various stakeholders within the organization (ex: legal, finance, security, product etc.) for creative resolution;
3. Negotiation and finalization of contracts with customers (calls/emails);
4. Funnel feedback from customers and the region on industry standards and best practices;
5. Build custom pricing models where needed;
6. Discount assessments/approvals;
7. Governance of signed customer contracts;
8. Ensuring compliance with Freshworks’ compliance and information security guidelines;
9. Program/Project manage process improvements initiatives which may involve anything from documentation of SOP to product/tool implementation.
10. Be the ‘go to’ team/individual for our GTM teams, enabling them in successfully engaging customers and driving business growth.
Since the team is relatively new and the organization being super dynamic, the incumbent will play a defining role in the ongoing Deals Desk charter for the Go to Market function of the company.
1. Any prior experience in contract negotiation/management will be a plus.
2. Willing to work in US time zone is a must
3.The devil is in the details as they say! Detail oriented approach given the nature of the role is a must.
4. Need to be able to think out of the box and solution creative ways to drive deals to closure.
5. An entrepreneurial mindset and overall interest in business, particularly SaaS and Product selling is an absolute plus.
6. Any experience in sales will be the cherry on top of the cake!
7. Given the many stakeholders one has to work with, a people person having exceptional interpersonal skills is essential.
8. A good command on the English language is a must. Oh wait, that’s a given!
1 - 4 Years , an MBA will be a plus!