Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.
About the Job:
- An engg. org that builds a DB platform that the rest of the company uses
- Engineer's build solutions to address availability and data durability
- Guarantee service uptime and build innovative solutions to reduce component failure
- Support large number of concurrent users
- Build test suites to ensure the system boundaries are tested
- Build innovative monitoring systems that monitors the Computing infrastructure and the DB engine
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Technology
- 5+ years of experience engineering and managing MySQL or PostgreSQL database server for high traffic applications
- Deep expertise in designing and maintaining MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in Distributed Systems engineering, Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, cluster management, sharding, Data durability, security, networking, and system crash analysis
- Experience in setting up and operating Highly Available MySQ
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis and transaction locking
- Experience in engineering solutions for data backup and encryption
- Expertise in Database internals and ability to optimize and tune DB engines
- Experience in working with Percona and innoDB engine
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis, transaction locking etc
- Familiar with Agile SDLC
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to program in Bash shell scripts, Python, C/C++ and SQL.
- Self motivated engineer who can solve problems independently
- Ruby programming is an added advantage
- Experience with AWS is an added advantage.
- Exposure to different MySQL HA technologies like XtraDB cluster is an added advantage
- Exposure to MySQL native plugin development is an added advantage