Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
About the Job:
- An engg. org that builds a DB platform that the rest of the company uses
- Engineer's build solutions to address availability and data durability
- Guarantee service uptime and build innovative solutions to reduce component failure
- Support large number of concurrent users
- Build test suites to ensure the system boundaries are tested
- Build innovative monitoring systems that monitors the Computing infrastructure and the DB engine
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Technology
- 5+ years of experience engineering and managing MySQL or PostgreSQL database server for high traffic applications
- Deep expertise in designing and maintaining MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in Distributed Systems engineering, Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, cluster management, sharding, Data durability, security, networking, and system crash analysis
- Experience in setting up and operating Highly Available MySQ
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis and transaction locking
- Experience in engineering solutions for data backup and encryption
- Expertise in Database internals and ability to optimize and tune DB engines
- Experience in working with Percona and innoDB engine
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis, transaction locking etc
- Familiar with Agile SDLC
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to program in Bash shell scripts, Python, C/C++ and SQL.
- Self motivated engineer who can solve problems independently
- Ruby programming is an added advantage
- Experience with AWS is an added advantage.
- Exposure to different MySQL HA technologies like XtraDB cluster is an added advantage
- Exposure to MySQL native plugin development is an added advantage