Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California, and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.
At Freshworks, we are betting on our developer platform to ensure our SaaS products can be tailored to the tastes of each of our customers. As Lead Developer Advocate, you will experiment, create and iterate on initiatives that foster the very developer community that will craft applications and integrations on our platform. You will build connections with developers worldwide, help them succeed with our platform and bring back insightful nuggets for us to feed back into our roadmap. You will lead by example and help solidify the best practices with this discipline at Freshworks.
· Expand the community of Freshworks developers through online and offline engagement.
· Advocate our platform and identify and activate new avenues where developers can apply them.
· Mentor and coach Advocates on the team, leading by example.
· Keep abreast of technology trends that will influence the developer community and demonstrate how the platform can keep up.
· Aspire to continuously improve our developer experience by bringing back feedback for the engineering team to incorporate.
· Setup and nurture the practices that will develop an engaged community around the Freshworks Developer Platform.
· Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in technology
· At least 2 years of professional full-stack development experience
· At least 3 years of relevant Developer Advocacy experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A track record of public speaking and/or public writing
· Organizational talent to plan and execute successful developer events such as meetups, hackathons, and webinars
· Curiosity towards technology, trends in computing and emerging frameworks
· Innate problem-solving skills that bring to bear elegant, simple solutions to complex problems
· Experience preparing and publishing technical blog posts or tutorials
· Empathy for developers that emerges from personal experience and a connect for fellow coders
· A track record of building interesting hacks and personal projects (ideally, visible publicly on platforms like github)