Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are betting on our developer platform to ensure our SaaS products can be tailored to the tastes of each of our customers. As Lead Developer Advocate, you will experiment, create and iterate on initiatives that foster the very developer community that will craft applications and integrations on our platform. You will build connections with developers worldwide, help them succeed with our platform and bring back insightful nuggets for us to feed back into our roadmap. You will lead by example and help solidify the best practices with this discipline at Freshworks.
· Expand the community of Freshworks developers through online and offline engagement.
· Advocate our platform and identify and activate new avenues where developers can apply them.
· Mentor and coach Advocates on the team, leading by example.
· Keep abreast of technology trends that will influence the developer community and demonstrate how the platform can keep up.
· Aspire to continuously improve our developer experience by bringing back feedback for the engineering team to incorporate.
· Setup and nurture the practices that will develop an engaged community around the Freshworks Developer Platform.
· Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in technology
· At least 2 years of professional full-stack development experience
· At least 3 years of relevant Developer Advocacy experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A track record of public speaking and/or public writing
· Organizational talent to plan and execute successful developer events such as meetups, hackathons, and webinars
· Curiosity towards technology, trends in computing and emerging frameworks
· Innate problem-solving skills that bring to bear elegant, simple solutions to complex problems
· Experience preparing and publishing technical blog posts or tutorials
· Empathy for developers that emerges from personal experience and a connect for fellow coders
· A track record of building interesting hacks and personal projects (ideally, visible publicly on platforms like github)