About the company:
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
As a Lead - Partner Sales Engineer at Freshworks, you will manage and mentor team that assist the Partnership team by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers and resellers. You will liaise with Product Management, Sales and Marketing to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Freshworks Product Suites. Your job will involve you working closely with cross- functional teams of developers and architects with a variety of both regional and international and mentor subordinates in the team as required. The relationship you build with customers is crucial for the overall growth of Freshworks.
We are looking for a Pre-sales expert with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills. Any previous experience with customer support, CRM, Mobile applications, ITSM/ITIL Methodologies and cloud based infrastructure will be preferred. You will work hand in hand with the sales team to introduce Freshwork’s product suite. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand “Why Freshworks is important to their business”.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work with Sales / Business development teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and convert prospects to customers. Mentor and train Partner Sales and Sr.Partner Sales Engineers within the team.
• Work closely with the product management team to demonstrate and prototype integrations within the customer environment.
• Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Freshworks value proposition through whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstration, proof of concept management and RFP response documents. Identify best practices and implement innovative methods and set up team for success.
• Work independently with prospects / customer’s technical teams on technical scoping. During the process of scoping, you may be involved in complex workflow analysis and in-depth examination of the interaction between Freshworks and customer’s infrastructure.
• Provide technical mentor ship and training for new hires and peers.
• Implement and support compliance to Freshworks compliance and information security processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical pre-sales engineer or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.