Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California, and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.
About the team: The Business Analyst (BA / SBA) will report into the Director of Sales Finance. The BA/SBA will work closely with the FP&A Leader to identify/conceptualize the right ways of looking at the business, prepare relevant reports, track the right metrics and provide analytical insights that help drive business outcomes.
The key focus of the role is to partner with the Sales/GTM Org to:
- Support the revenue growth objectives
- Focus on high impact financial decisions
- Drive predictability
- Assist with cost control and optimization measures
- Preparation of monthly scorecard and metrics at a product level
- Support the development of the annual operating plan for the company
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate accounting for all cost line items, including cost center and allocations, if any
- Alignment with Strategic Sourcing: Coordinate with Strategic Sourcing to ensure that all key tools, services and other procurements for the GTM org are properly validated, appropriate controls are in place regarding usage, vendor selection, cost negotiation etc.
- Plan vs. actuals (monthly): Prepare and share monthly reports for each geo as well as at an overall GTM level that include actual performance (ARR, S&M expenses, payback, OpEx etc.). Analyze variances and report key insights into reasons
- Geo wise and channel wise P&L reporting
- Providing insights, trends along with tracking and reporting key metrics to the management
- Tracking selling & marketing spend and calculating the ROI for the same
- Adhoc reporting and analysis
- Work closely with the broader finance team and key stakeholders
- Review of key metrics/operational performance with key stakeholders
Experience / Qualifications
- CA / MBA with 5-6 years’ experience in an FP&A role
- Advanced Excel-based modeling skills and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in an IT software/product company would be preferred. SaaS experience is a plus
- Exposure to planning, financial analysis tools such as Anaplan, Hyperion, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to derive analytical insights from trended data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work independently while meeting deliverables under tight time constraints.
- The ideal candidate will be intelligent, results-driven and assertive, but will also be collaborative and operate transparently.
- S/he will be resourceful and adaptable and will seek out opportunities to reach out to the business, build engagement and add value. The candidate will have strong communication skills and will be capable of presenting to a wide variety of audiences