Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco
At Freshworks, we are betting on our developer platform to ensure our SaaS products can be tailored to the tastes of each of our customers. As a Developer Evangelist, you will help us foster the very developer community that will craft applications and integrations on our platform. You will build connections with developers worldwide, help them succeed with our platform and bring back insightful nuggets for us to feed back into our roadmap. You will churn out relevant developer material and engage in various fora to make this happen.
· Expand the community of Freshworks developers through online and offline engagement.
· Advocate our platform and identify and activate new avenues where developers can apply them.
· Ensure developer success through a steady stream of relevant Sample Apps, Tutorials, Blog Posts, Webinars and Inspiring Demos.
· Keep abreast of technology trends that will influence the developer community and demonstrate how the platform can keep up.
· Aspire to continuously improve our developer experience by bringing back feedback for the engineering team to incorporate.
· Provide support and guidance to developers who reach out to us over our various communication channels.
· Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in technology or communications
· At least 2 years of professional full-stack development experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A track record of public speaking and/or public writing
· Curiosity towards technology, trends in computing and emerging frameworks
· Innate problem-solving skills that bring to bear elegant, simple solutions to complex problems
· Experience preparing and publishing technical blog posts or tutorials
· Empathy for developers that emerges from personal experience and a connect for fellow coders
· Organizational talent to plan and execute successful developer events such as meetups, hackathons, and webinars
· A track record of building interesting hacks and personal projects (ideally, visible publicly on platforms like github)