Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick to implement, and designed software for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- worldwide use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
About the role:
Freshworks’s mid-market sales team is looking for an enthusiastic Sales Director in Singapore who will have full ownership and responsibility for managing sales activities and ensuring significant new revenue growth targets. As a sales director, you will manage and grow a globally distributed team responsible for direct sales in the Asia Pacific region. Your organisation will work closely with the product, marketing, and finance functions. You will also closely work alongside the partners in the area. Hence, you will be accountable for building relationships with consultancies, systems integrations, ISVs and other types of partners that will allow Freshworks to scale more efficiently and improve our customer success.
- Build and lead a high performing sales team.
- Can articulate a clear vision and set the overall strategy & goals for the business.
- Identifying new opportunities in industry verticals and driving expansion into them.
- Be accountable for the attainment of new customer acquisition targets.
- Development of the sales team includes recruiting, on-boarding and training new Account Executives.
- Possess formal sales training in solution selling and executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in some sales meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Marketing, Sales Development, Pre Sales, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance.
- Drive operational rigour: Monitoring sales activities of the team and tracking results.
- Drive effective reviews and forecast meetings. Maintain CRM discipline. Ensure forecast accuracy by managing the sales pipeline.
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimise partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue and deploy a joint sales and marketing approach.
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a solid analytical approach and crisp communication style.
- 15+ years of proven software sales experience.
- 10+ years of sales management, territory management experience, proven ability in building and developing high-performance teams
- Experience in leading a geographically distributed sales team of 25+ members.
- Proven track record of growing a business and consistently exceeding quotas.
- Must have experience operating in the Asia Pacific market.
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an extensive understanding of the industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong leadership experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience presenting to senior management. Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and impacting results
- Experience working within a high-growth technology company with the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organisation and to create a vision and organisation that can scale quickly
- Highly organised, multi-tasking skills, take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying