Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.
As an Engineer on the Observability team, you will be part of building the data transport,
collection, storage, as well as search and discovery solutions for all metrics and logs collected
at Freshworks. You will have an opportunity to use your strong knowledge of distributed
systems and designing data pipelines to help Freshworks engineers operate real-time systems
at scale. You will be working directly with internal customers on a diverse number of projects
and technologies that are core to Freshworks overall reliability and performance. If you are the
kind of engineer who is passionate about building systems, has a good eye for analysis and
are resourceful enough to work with performance constraints, we want to talk to you.
● Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability,
performance, the efficiency of the system.
● Perform high-level root cause analysis for service interruption, recovery and creating
● Troubleshoot and resolve problems; where the problems can be across the cloud
provider, the software used and any open source technology used.
● Participate in the design and implementation of next-generation systems.
● Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to
support purchasing efforts.
● Implement and support compliance of self and team to Freshworks compliance and
information security processes.
● Strong Linux systems knowledge.
● Hands-on programmer and with expertise in data structures and algorithms.
● Experience in writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
● Experience in troubleshooting complex distributed systems and finding failure scenarios.
● Expertise in Golang and/or Java and understanding of how it impacts
performance/reliability of applications.
●Experience with large-scale distributed systems and in building large-scale performant
systems. Experience in Elasticsearch/Solr is a plus.
● Skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
● Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.