Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
About the Team:
SRE team includes expert Software and System engineers who are custodians of Availability, Scalability and Performance of the SaaS products.
We build tools and frameworks to monitor, load test and sometimes build full platform features that other products' use.
We undertake architecture reviews and help the individual product teams to identify performance bottlenecks.
We tend to look at the application from a system perspective bottom up rather than top-down.
Our engineers have the freedom to pick the challenges that they work on and own the task to completion.
- Works with Cross-product teams to ensure high availability of system
- Identifies system bottlenecks and recommend solutions to solve the availability issue
- Undertake system level debugging in linux independently
- Undertake root cause analysis when incidents or issues are identified
- Identifies repetitive system tasks and automate
- Guide new SRE engineers on aspects of system debugging
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- 10+ years of experience with at least 6 of those years in System engineering Or System Debugging roles for a SaaS product
- Working experience in debugging high performance systems
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams and multi-task and prioritising
- Good working knowledge of the IP protocol stack and ability to use tools to monitor and sniff packets
Nice to have:
- Working experience in building massively scalable high performance services
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expertise in cloud platform like AWS or Azure is preferable
- Experience in at least one of the following languages and willingness to learn new ones: C/C++, Java, golang
Job Location: Bangalore/Chennai/Hyderabad