Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, Sotheby’s and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $250 million in capital and is funded by Accel Partners, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at: www.freshworks.com
As the Chief of Staff for the CRO at Freshworks, you’ll work directly for the CRO and work closely with the leadership team to help them grow, scale, and run the business more effectively. In this role, you will help manage the business through three primary functions: Project and Program Management, Business Insights and Strategic Analysis, and Communications. You will define and execute the Rhythm of the Business for the office of the CRO; including meeting cadence, quarterly reviews, off-sites, and all-hands. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and manage resourcing plans, enabling our team to execute and innovate at speed. You will serve as a critical partner for senior leaders on ad hoc projects ranging from business decision support to working with external partners. Finally, you'll serve as a Program Manager for key projects, driving both the strategic vision and project execution. This role requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence.
- Identify and own key projects to drive operational maturity at Freshworks in partnership with the CRO.
- Manage operational rhythm of the business: build meeting agendas, capture key insights and action items, and follow-up accordingly.
- Drive the OKR process and maintain current for the organization
- Provide the CRO with insightful data-driven strategic recommendations.
- Partner with the CRO to drive key organizational improvements, ranging from org structure, to cross-org collaboration and communication and more.
- Manage the headcount plan and budget for the CRO organization
- Support the key initiatives of all orgs rolling up to the CRO, which are currently: Sales, Partners, Customer Success, Support, and Professional Services.
- Develop plans for communicating key messages throughout the organization.
- Partner closely with other functions including Product and Engineering, Communications, PR, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations. Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence the business.
- Drive the Leadership team of the CRO org towards clear, efficient and accountable decision-making.
- Be a thought partner to leadership on the organization’s vision, priorities, challenges, and team culture.
- Distill and cascade core tenets of our strategy for leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Own and lead the preparation and follow-up for all customer and executive reviews and customer briefings.
- Drive strategic initiatives and/or discrete projects on behalf of our CRO and the executive team.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the CRO and act as a representative when required.
- Solve ambiguous problems.
Our Perfect Match:
- 10 years of experience in Strategy, Stakeholder and Project Management.
- An entrepreneurial approach; you’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you make it happen.
- A proven ability to solve ambiguous problems by applying frameworks to get to the first principles, aligning resources on the goal, executing, learning, and adapting.
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams or projects.
- Experience working with external C-level partners
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Sales, Communications, Finance, with working knowledge of Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, HR and Operations.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives. .
- Start-up and/or management consulting experience a plus.
- All of the above experience could have come from time in sales, marketing, consulting, or anywhere you have picked up good discipline.
Culture Fit and Impact
- Strong Match with Freshworks Culture: https://www.freshworks.com/company/careers/
- Integrity and Ethics: Be honest, have integrity, intensity and passion – necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team
- Passion: An enthusiastic, high-energy and motivating leader with a sales mindset who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring a fast growing and highly ambitious organization
- Results Oriented: A strong focus on execution. This individual must be strategic and creative - but strong execution and transformation capabilities are critical for success. Success will be judged on what is accomplished and delivered, not what is proposed
- Collaboration: Highly entrepreneurial, with a high level of energy, dedication, and a persevering drive to succeed and win. Not afraid to work side by side with the his/her team
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying