Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement multi-tier (DB, services, and web) software applications, and document, test, fix and enhance systems when needed. In your agile team, you will closely work with engineers, architects, managers, design, QA and operations teams, and create solutions that meet business requirements. You will spend most of your time developing clean code with limited abstraction. In this role, you will also mentor team members across functions. You will also implement and support compliance with Freshworks compliance and information security processes.
- 3-6 years of prior experience
- Advanced understanding of OOPS
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Ability to design for scale and performance
- Ability to do peer code reviews
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Experience with hands-on programming
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
Experience/Desired Skills (but not all required):
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with large-scale systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Prior experience with AWS
- Experience with open-source projects
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule