Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California, and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco.
About the Team:
SRE team includes expert Software and System engineers who are custodians of Availability, Scalability and Performance of the SaaS products.
We build tools and frameworks to monitor, load test and sometimes build full platform features that other products' use.
We undertake architecture reviews and help the individual product teams to identify performance bottlenecks.
We tend to look at the application from a system perspective bottom up rather than top-down.
Our engineers have the freedom to pick the challenges that they work on and own the task to completion.
- Works with Cross-product teams to ensure high availability of system
- Identifies system bottlenecks and recommend solutions to solve the availability issue
- Undertake system level debugging in linux independently
- Undertake root cause analysis when incidents or issues are identified
- Identifies repetitive system tasks and automate
- Guide new SRE engineers on aspects of system debugging
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- 5+ years of experience with at least 3 of those years in System engineering Or System Debugging roles for a SaaS product
- Working experience in debugging high performance systems
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams and multi-task and prioritising
- Good working knowledge of the IP protocol stack and ability to use tools to monitor and sniff packets
Nice to have:
- Working experience in building massively scalable high performance services
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expertise in cloud platform like AWS or Azure is preferable
- Experience in at least one of the following languages and willingness to learn new ones: C/C++, Java, golang
Job Location: Bangalore/Chennai/Hyderabd