Freshworks Inc. is the parent company behind the suite of products which includes Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. The company’s suite of products is designed to work tightly together to increase collaboration and help teams better connect and communicate with their customers and co-workers. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks has its HQ in San Bruno, California and global offices in India, UK, Australia, and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite of SaaS products is widely used by over 100,000 customers around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba and Cisco
As a Lead Platform Engineer, you will lead a team that focuses on building next-generation platform services for Fretworks with your strong background in distributed systems and mentor your team to achieve this.
- Lead teams to deliver scalable, low latency, and cost-efficient solutions for our developer-facing platform.
- Strive to continually deliver a seamless and intuitive platform for developers to build on.
- Build innovative solutions from scratch and liaise with architects and engineers from other product teams to build solutions and drive adoption.
- Establish and continue to raise the bar for engineering excellence by always looking for avenues for improvements in performance, scalability, usability and continuous deployment aspects of the platform.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be leveraged.
- Be hands-on, and lead a high-performance engineering team by example.
- Implement and support compliance with self and team to Fresh works compliance and information security processes.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills
- At least 6+ years experience with end-end architecture ownership of small to medium sized products
- Solid problem-solving skills
-Accomplished at maintainable programming
- Expert level experience with Java/Spring
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Extensive knowledge of Linux environments
- Advanced understanding of OOP
- Experience building large-scale performant services
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule